Jan 5, 2009

The Falcons broke my heart . . .

. . . but I forgive them. It was a good year to be a Falcon fan. They did a lot better than anyone could have ever hoped. I didn't expect them to make the Super bowl, but I was kind of disappointed with the way the season ended. Arizona was the one team in the playoffs I really thought we should beat. You have to hand it to the cardinals, they stepped up. The second play of the third quarter, the fumble that was ran back for the TD hurt. it seemed like it really threw them off. Their youth and inexperience came through after that. But its that youth that gives us hope for '09. If Dimitroff and Smith can do for the defense this year what they did for the offense last year, well, I really like our chances in the coming years. 

Last year's draft was the best in Falcon history. I think something like 9 of 11 draft picks were either starting or making big contributions. Not just Ryan but Sam baker (LT) Mike Lofton (MLB), and Henry Douglas, (WR and return man). And the free agents (Micheal Turner) and trades (Dominque Foxworth) really came big this year. 

Yep, really looking forward to 2009. 

No comments: